Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Golden Girl

"Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again 
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant."


You scratch and bark
And make me carry you home from the park.

You used to be full of energy (and thin!)
You now eat garbage and my dirty napkin.

You hate when I dress you up,
But you're such a good lil' pup

That when dressed as a hippo for Halloween
You didn't even make a scene.

Your feisty moments make me laugh
Like when you know you're about to get a bath.

And you give me that look like, "Mom, don't you touch me,"
Even though afterwards you know you'll feel as good as can be.

To me, you are more than 'man's best friend'
You are worth more than any amount of money I can spend. 

You're presence is always there to carry me through,
Gracie, I love you. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a lovely tribute to your very wonderful and loyal friend.

    ReplyDelete