Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Procrastination Nation

Welcome to Procrastination Nation,
Where you don't work when you should
And you often wish that you would
have listened to your friends
when they said:
"DON'T PUT IT OFF UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!"

But you can't help where you live
Or the curveballs that life gives
to you
on a weekly basis.

So here I am now,
Sitting under the flag of my country
And thinking, "Holy cow!"
10 PM and so much to do!
If my professor only knew
That I didn't mean to wait so long
To type up these last 2 entries that belong
Behind a bullet-proof case for all of the work
I have put into them.

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the nation that makes me gag.
Here's to you, Procrastination Nation.
You win again.

1 comment:

  1. OMG ...I can certainly relate to this poem! This could be my life story!

    ReplyDelete